I think I’ve always categorized classes, seminars, whatnot like this — but without the labels:
- A fire-hose of what I’m looking for
- So good to scratch that itch
- Fascinating and I’ll put it in my back pocket —Girl Scouts are always prepared
- Huh — didn’t know that thing… the other things, though…
- Glad to be here, hope I can help the club
- Sometimes a system is just checking boxes
Offhand I don’t recall being in a space, getting angry, and thinking, “This is a waste of my time!” But as you can see, I have a lot of reasons for staying in ‘the room’ that aren’t concretely tied to -my- learning.
And it helps when I know why I’ve decided to be there.